his solution’s been specifically developed for
basketball and for sports activities requiring a
great ball rebound, together with an excellent
elasticity and deformation to impacts. All the
several references both in Italy and abroad are
evidence of the great reliability of this system,
which remains one of the main pillars of our
production, even after years.
Brief technical description:
Sports floor consisting of double spring layer made
of fir boards with elastic neoprene elements -
trapezoid shaped – and top layer made of solid
pre-lacquered parquet strips 22 mm thickness. Total
thickness 83 mm.
The main steps of making the sports floor model
- Laying of a polyethylene sheet - 0,20 mm thickness
- as anti-steam barrier, turned-up at the edges in
order to make a small tank.
- Laying of the bottom spring layer; fir battens are
settled in the parallel way and have 23 mm thickness,
50 mm width, 3000-4000 mm length, with a distance
between the boards of approx. 400 mm o.c.; 15 mm
thickness neoprene rubber pads are nailed to the
bottom spring layer in order to make the surface
resilient and able to absorb players’ impact.
- Insertion of Rockwool (fire reaction Class 0)
between the spring layers, in order to control both
thermal and sound reaction.
- Laying of the upper spring layer (perpendicular to
the bottom one), made of fir boards 23 mm thickness,
50 mm width, 3000-4000 mm length
- Last step: laying of solid parquet strips (nailed
with special T-shaped nails) 22 mm thickness, 129 mm
width, 1830 mm length, made of HEVEA RUBBER WOOD, in
the deck bridge way. These HEVEA staves (Classic
quality – first Uni A) are pre-lacquered in factory
and supplied at a humidity of 9/11%, which means a
room humidity of 45/50%. The staves made of solid
Hevea (22 mm thickness) have tongue-and-groove joint
on all sides, and are made of a couple of staves (two-strips,
pre-assembled) having “finger-jointed” connection,
also known as dovetail.
- Sanding of the whole surface with abrasive disk to
give the lacquer a better grip.
- Game line marking with colors on Customer’s choice.
- Laying of special finishing lacquer, specific for
Sports parquet floor - FIBA certified
EN 14904 Certification
EN 13501 Fire resistance Certificate
Product data sheet
Detail n. 1
Detail n. 2
Detail n. 3